Why and how to use Rhassoul ?
REC153 - REC176
Why and how to use rhassoul. Find all our tips and some recipes to make your own facial and hair care.
Storage: Immediate use
Today we invite you to discover rhassoul WAAM, also called ghassoul, and 2 ways to use it for skin and hair with examples of DIY recipes.
Why use the rhassoul? This clay will gently cleanse the skin, tighten the pores of the face, eliminate impurities and absorb and regulate excess sebum. On the hair side, rhassoul cleans, degreases and gives volume.
How to use Rhassoul? In face mask and hair, in mud bath or even in vegetable shampoo.
Why use rhassoul ?
Rhassoul (or ghassoul) is a must in terms of beauty rituals. Its benefits have been recognized and used for thousands of years to gently cleanse hair and skin.
It has an important ability to absorb water. It can also absorb sebum from the skin for example (ideal therefore, for oily skin and hair).
That’s not all, in addition to being absorbent it is also adsorbent! Rhassoul will therefore «catch» then «eliminate» impurities. The large amount of minerals that make up Rhassoul has beneficial properties for the skin and hair.
Finally, the Rhassoul contains no surfactant and allows a gentle but effective wash. It represents a completely natural, environmentally friendly and healthy alternative for washing skin and hair.
How to use rhassoul ?
p>Rhassoul can be used on the skin as well as on the hair in mask, poultice, shampoo... br/>Discover 2 DIY recipe ideas to use rhassoul on the face but also the hair. /p>
1- MAKE A PURIFYING FACE MASK WITH RHASSOUL
Rhassoul face mask recipe
- — Pour your rhassoul in the bowl.
- — Mix tea tree essential oil with argan oil.
- — Add the mixture to your rhassoul.
- — Add mineral water until you get a good mask texture that is easy to apply on the face.
- — Leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse and follow with your usual moisturizer. Before rinsing, you can emulsify the rhassoul on your face by simply wetting your hands and gently rubbing your skin. The mask will lather but less than a classic cleansing treatment.
- Remember to rub during the break and add a little water to emulsify your paste on your scalp. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse with clean water. As with most powders and clays, rhassoul can be difficult to rinse. You can add a tablespoon of marshmallow powder to your mask for easier rinsing. You can also use an after shampoo to remove all the rhassoul from your scalp.
How to use rhassoul on the skin?
Rhassoul will be used as a mask. When applying, we recommend that you make small circular movements and leave the mask on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
For your mask you can, if you wish, simply add mineral water to the powder to obtain the texture of a mask. You can also add floral water, vegetable oil and essential oils according to your skin's needs (e.g. argan oil if you have dry skin, tea tree essential oil if you want to deeply purify your skin…).
The benefits of rhassoul for the skin
skin This clay will play the role of blotter for the skin. It will purify, cleanse and tighten the pores of the face.
Its richness in minerals will only bring good things to the skin.
For what types of skin?
Rhassoul can be used for all skin types, but it is the ideal ally for oily skin. It will absorb excess sebum while thoroughly cleaning the skin and ridding it of blackheads. The skin is immediately softer and purified.
Rhassoul being a gentle natural cleansing care, it can be used on acne skin.
2- MAKE A HAIR MASK WITH RHASSOUL
Hair mask with rhassoul recipe
- — Pour the rhassoul in your bowl.
- — Mix the ylang ylang essential oil with the grape seed oil.
- — Add the mixture to your rhassoul.
- — Finally add mineral water until you get a paste that is easy to apply to the scalp and roots.
- — Remember to rub during the treatment and add a little water to emulsify your paste on your scalp. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse with clear water.
- — As with most powders and clays, rhassoul can be difficult to rinse. You can add a tablespoon of marshmallow powder to your mask for easy rinsing. You can also use a conditioner to remove all of the rhassoul from your scalp.
How to use rhassoul on hair?
As with the face, a mask is ideal. You can only add mineral water to it to obtain a paste that is easy to apply to the roots.
You can also make it an even more effective and gentler treatment by adding humectants (honey, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera), vegetable oils according to the needs of your hair (coconut, grape seeds, etc.), essential oils. .
We recommend rubbing your scalp and roots when applying the mask. You can emulsify the preparation by adding a little water.
As for the face, you will get a light foam but not as much as with a conventional shampoo.
The benefits of rhassoul for the hair
Rhassoul is a real natural shampoo. It is extremely gentle on the scalp,which it will purify by absorbing sebum and impurities.
Unlike conventional shampoos that contain surfactants, rhassoul (which does not contain any) will cleanse without attacking the scalp and the sebaceous glands.
Rhassoul will also strengthen your hair from the root, give it more thickness and therefore volume and make it softer and shinier.
If you have dry, devitalized hair, dandruff or an irritated scalp, adopt no poo method with rhassoul.
For what types of hair?
As for the skin, rhassoul can be used on all types of hair but for hair already dry by nature, we advise you to use rhassoul only on your scalp at the roots. Rhassoul is ideal if you have roots that regrow quickly. It will help you space out your shampoos.
If you have fine hair, lacking volume, rhassoul will cover it from the root. Rhassoul will help detoxify your scalp if you use a lot of products on it like oils or serums for example. After a good rhassoul mask, your scalp will be much more receptive to the treatments that will follow.